Terms & Conditions
Children who meet the following criteria are invited to join PLAY Summer Camp:
- At least 2.5 years of age before his/her first day of camp
- Potty trained preferred ( however, we will work with those who are almost trained)
- Comfortable with separation
- Communicates in English
Picking Up and Dropping Off
- Children enrolled in camp must be escorted to and from the playground by their parent/caregiver
- Parents/caregivers must sign in and out with the front desk daily at drop-off and pick-up
- For security purposes, PLAY must be notified 24 hours in advance if there will be an alternate person approved to pick-up
- Camp starts at 9am sharp. Parents/caregivers must remain with campers until at least 8:45 AM. EARLY DROPOFF IS AVAILABLE FOR ADDITIONAL WEEKLY CHARGE.
- The camp dismisses at 2pm. Caregivers should arrive 15 minutes prior. PLAY reserves the right to charge a late fee of $15 per 15 minutes after scheduled dismissal time.
Preparing for Camp
- Children enrolled in camp are required to bring socks, sneakers and comfortable clothing.
- Children enrolled in camp should bring a change of clothes (including top, bottom, underwear and socks) every day (some cubby space may be provided for the week).
- Please apply sunscreen prior to start of camp daily, and leave extra sunscreen in case it needs to be re-applied.
- While PLAY provides simple snacks and water for campers, a child enrolled in the Renaissance Kids program is required to bring his/her own pre-packaged lunch to camp each day along and any drinks or water in spill-proof container. Please DO NOT send your child with foods containing NUTS, just in case other campers are allergic or sensitive. No candy, food with unusually high level of strong spices (smells), or chewing gums --- unless recommended by doctor or for religious purposes.
Daily and weekly schedule of classes and staff may be modified at sole discretion of PLAY. PLAY is not liable for lost or stolen property during camp.
Cancellation and Refunds
- A payment in full is required for PLAY Summer Camp to be guaranteed a spot.
- A 25% cancellation fee applies to all reservations.
- For cancellations made between 30 and 15 days prior to the camp start date, you will receive a 50% refund.
- For cancellations 2 weeks or less from the first day of camp, there will be no refunds made. However, for cancellations due to medical emergency, a 50% of the total amount can be applied to other products & services at PLAY for up to 6 months.
- Any refund is by check. 4% credit card fee billed by merchant processor to PLAY will be charged for credit card processing.
There will be no refunds provided for missed days of camp. Campers signed up for more than 2 weeks or 8 days of camp will be given 1 make-up day (can be used towards Open Play or certain classes in the future within 6 months) for every 2 weeks of camp; for a total of 2 make-up days per full 4 weeks of camp.
Safety and Illness
For the safety of all campers, please do keep sick children at home. If a child is too sick to play or complains of an ailment, or appears in distress, PLAY reserves the right to send the child home. If a child has an allergy that requires an epipen, or a medical condition that requires constant vigilance, a guardian should remain within 5 minutes of PLAY premises at all times.
Food, Allergies and Outside Items
PLAY requests that all members, their children, caregivers and guests be forewarned that no allergy-risk foods containing nuts, nut ingredients or derivatives, be brought into our premises. We utilize our best efforts to make PLAY safe for children with food allergies, and do not knowingly serve food that includes peanut or nut products. While we are “nut aware”, we cannot guarantee that we will be “nut free” at all times. PLAY requests that all food allergies be listed in the Medical Information portion of this form. PLAY also discourages bringing foods into the facility that are deemed choking hazards including but not limited to popcorn, whole grapes, small cherry tomatoes, hard candies, round lollipops, raw carrots, fruit skins, seeds, peanuts or other nuts. PLAY discourages other members or caregivers from voluntarily feeding other children (without permission and consent of that child’s parent or caregiver) while at PLAY as there may be allergies or foods unsuitable for that child that only the parent or caregiver is aware of.
PLAY strictly prohibits any small toys, jewelry or other choking hazards that may put babies at risk to be brought into common areas including the classrooms, playground or café,. Items such as favorite stuffed animals, pacifiers or other “comfort” items are not permitted during camp but you may leave these items inside camper’s cubby.
WAIVER OF CLAIMS
To the fullest extent allowed under law, the camp participant parent/guardian agrees that PLAY is not subject to any claim, loss, demand or damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, those damages resulting from acts of active or passive negligence on the part of PLAY, its officers, agents, employees or owners. The camp participant parent/guardian further agrees that PLAY is not liable for any injuries, illnesses, medical conditions, expenses, judgments or damages to anyone on the
PLAY premises, or their property and does hereby expressly forever release and discharge PLAY, its officers, employees, agents, successors and owners from all such claims, demands, injuries, damages, actions or causes of action. This includes attorneys’ fees and court costs resulting from exposure of the class participant to any illness or disease while in the PLAY facility or any illness or injury resulting there from. This includes injuries resulting in, but not limited to, sprained or broken limbs, bruising, cuts, burns, abrasions, falling, including risk from the actions of others. The camp participant parent/guardian will make every effort to not bring an ill child to PLAY or one that, to the best of their knowledge, has been exposed to any contagious disease. PLAY reserves the right to refuse admission and/or use its sole discretion to send a child home if ill or puts other children at risk.
Camp participants and their classwork may be photographed and posted on our website or social media account, or used in PLAY’s promotional materials.
I grant PLAY the right to take photographs of my child. I authorize PLAY, its assigns and transferees to copyright, to use and publish the same in print and/or electronically. I understand that other individuals will be able to access, and could obtain copies of, these photographs.
If you do not wish your child’s images at camp to be included in photographs, please let us know. If you see any images in the future that you would like us to remove, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The camp participant understands that in the event of an emergency, PLAY personnel will use their best judgment and efforts to contact the member, emergency contact number on file or authorized caregiver. PLAY is hereby released for all liability from calling emergency medical care, should PLAY personnel be unable to reach the member or authorized caregiver within a reasonable amount of time. The camp participant acknowledges that PLAY does not have a medical staff on the premises and cannot provide emergency or other treatment.
I do hereby give PLAY Greenpoint permission to communicate via email provided regarding: programs, services, announcements and my account. PLAY does not sell or share lists containing customer information.